Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Culture Shock

I made it to Utah last night at 9. I only consumed 1 tank and a fourth because I did not use AC the entire trip. When I went up with Heather in June using the AC, Borus drank 2 tanks. It was 109 degrees and when I approached the strip it was raining cats and dogs, flooded the 15, and thunder shook the beambeam.

Unfortunately I did not stay in my apartment the first night because these loser office admins in the Raintree decided not to answer the phones on the most important day of the year. I could not remember my apart. # so I slept at Curtain's crib. And I thought Grandma Squirrel's house was warm...

I entered the apartment today to an aroma of stuies and saw interesting items. A star wars poster....I didn't know Raintree accepted 5th graders, a Hannah Montana poster, Jack Sparrow poster, a Jaden size statue of Buddha...and noone. A roomate walked in from AZ( graduated the Y and chilling) and he showed me my room with my sleeping roomate. Above my roomate's bed was a cut-out of..... yup Jack Sparrow. Apparently he looks like him so cut-outs and posters let people know. He came out of the room later in a pink shirt but seems pretty cool.

L8

2 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!! Now that is hilarious! Are you going to put up a poster of Hillary Duff?? Come on, you sooo remember those days.I'm glad you made it there safe and we can't wait to hear about your adventures in P-Town! Good luck with school tomorrow!

hillary nicole said...

bird. you are hilarious. now we can both post about our crazy times here!